About Dr. Reed
Over the course of more than 35 years as a health professional, I have had the privilege of engaging in nearly every sector of health and medical care, including serving as the Commissioner of Public Health for the District of Columbia; the Senior Vice President for Programs of the March of Dimes Foundation; the President of the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science; the Senior Vice President for Professional Standards of the AMA; the Executive Vice President and Chief of Medical Affairs for UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 25 Health and Wellbeing Company; and now as the Managing Partner of Tuckson Health Connections.
My vision of comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, and integrated health care is regularly reinforced by my Presidency of the American Telemedicine Association and my active service on Advisory Committees of the National Institutes of Health including the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health; the National Academy of Medicine’s Health Sciences Policy Board, Member of the Roundtable on Value & Science-Driven Health Care, and Co-Chair of the Digital Learning Collaborative; the Board of Directors of the American Telemedicine Association, Cell Therapeutics Inc., and LifePoint Health; the Board of Trustees of Howard University; and the Senior Clinical Advisor to United Health Foundation’s America’s Health Rankings epidemiology reports, among other activities.
Whether you have found your way to Tuckson Health Connections as an individual interested in optimizing their own health; a public health or community worker; someone interested in collecting or analyzing health data; a health professional engaged in enhancing the quality and effectiveness of care delivery; an innovator in mobile and telehealth applications; a person interested in clinical science and its responsible translation into new health interventions; or as a health policy maker or implementer, I do hope you will visit often and contribute much.
- Board Member, Health Sciences Policy — National Academy of Medicine
- Roundtable Member, Value & Science-Driven Health Care — National Academy of Medicine
- Co-Chair, Digital Learning Collaborative — National Academy of Medicine
- Member, Board of Directors and President — American Telemedicine Association
- Chairman, Board of Directors — ViTel Net, LLC
- Member, Board of Directors — Cell Therapeutics, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors — LifePoint Health
- Member, Board of Directors — Inform Genomics, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors — AcademyHealth
- Member, Board of Directors — Alliance for Health Reform
- Member, Advisory Board — Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics
- Member – Society of Medical Administrators
- Member, National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health — National Institute of Health
- Member, Board of Trustees — Howard University
- Member — The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science
- Member, Board of Directors — Arnold P. Gold Foundation
50 Most Influencial Physician Executives in Healthcare, Modern Physician
Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare, Modern Healthcare
100 Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America, Black Enterprises
100 Top Executives in America, Uptown Professional